Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

Eating out while Trying Veggie

I like food, and enjoy cooking, but it's also fun to take a break and find inspiration in someone else's creations. While Trying Veggie, this has gone well, and not so well.

Our favorite Mexican spot, Jalapenos,  proved successful with both their veggie burrito and their bean and cheese burrito.

Another win was Cosi, where I got a small tomato basil soup and half a signature salad--with their warm delicious bread of course--for $7.

However, a fun, and well-reviewed gastropub, Crow Bar, failed miserably. With little options for me on the menu, I asked the waitress for help. She offered a grilled cheese option (that was not listed on the menu). Though not creative by any means, it sounded okay and was indeed veggie friendly. Well, there was barely any cheese on boring bread--and to boot, they charged $12 for it!

This weekend, I had the chance to enjoy a guilty splurge (made less guilty by the fact that it was done veggie)--In N Out Burger! My husband and daughter both got the veggie burger with cheese (cold) and I tried the grilled cheese, plus a side of fries for us to all share, of course. It was all quite good and it was fun to order from the "secret" menu. Plus, our whole order was about $6, haha.

Do you have a few favorite veggie dishes you eat out? Please share.

No comments:

Post a Comment